Why is my mama just like madea?? Who the hell call Alzheimer's old timers???? I told her i got a red rinse in my hair and she asked me what color did i wrench it. huh mama?
i watched my mother grow into being motherly though. My mother was always in the house but my grandma lived with us from start to finish. My grandma cooked, cleaned, ironed, and everything else a mother is supposed to do. my mother was more like a sister. She also depended on her mother (our grandma) to do things for her.
She has her ups and downs, but to me she is wayyyy better than she used to be. i talk to her at least 2-3 times a day. I don't get to see her often because I now live across the state. The way she calls me though i don't feel like I'm missing shit. she makes sure i know all the family's gossip. She treats my daughter like a princess. I love it.
my mommy is one of the coolest, most funniest, and craziest people you will ever meet. She is every ones favorite aunt, sister, cousin, and most importantly shes my mommy. She loves to make people laugh and has always been a happy person. She called me the other day and said "bitch guess what"? lmao. <----- i was cracking up. yup... my sister put her up to that shit.
There are bad things that i wish i could have changed growing up, but im not looking back. im only looking forward. I love the mother that she has become and i thank god everyday for answering my prayers. I often wonder if this was the reason my grandma left us so soon. So that my mommy can now take on the responsibility that was always hers.

2 comments:
Sounds like love, if I have ever known the sound of love. Hilarious @ your mom's comment via the phone. She definitely sounds like a mother that one could learn to love.
Good point @ your grandma as well. After my "big momma" died, my mom reminded us why we never called her "mom." Hahaha.
We're cool now, though. Of course it came with a fair amount of struggle.
She is the bomb.com. I love that lady.
At least she got it together. im so happy u had big mama to mold you into the man that you are.
I love the saying on your blog... "A closed mouth wont get fed".
Post a Comment