Friday, December 31, 2010

As a child i grew up off of welfare. Food stamps, Cash assistance, Section 8, you name it. My mother rarely worked. She was a single mother and had Four children. I even remember her making us go to the store to get real money back so she could play numbers and buy cigarettes.
(stacks on deck)


Now don't get me wrong. I think if you need assistance there is nothing wrong with getting whatever you need help with. However, i do feel like it is trifling as hell to Not get married because of you Section 8, or to not accept a job because you wont get child care or food stamps. If you need help use it as a stepping stone. Don't rely on it. Its bad enough that the Family Independence Agency wants to know what color you panties is, and what type of detergent you use. lmao.

so long story made short... if u need it apply if you don't let it fly.
THAT IS ALL



2 comments:

Beauty in Rare Form said...

I agree with what you said here. I do. I've been there and saw mine as a blessing more than anything. I was on aide the whole time I was at UC Berkeley and if it hadn't been for the county paying for my books and tuition, I would never have been able to do it. I would say that the program is extremely beneficial when used to the fullest. But like you said, some women get on it and stay on it. Now...section 8...I would still have mine if I could because the benefit of having it is beyond measure. Having $1,500 rent and only having to pay 294 is the shit so if a person can have section 8, I see nothing wrong with that. Section goes by income anyway so when you top out, it's because you no longer need it anyway, which is what happened with me. Overall, I agree with what you said though because staying on it enables. I was actually scared to get on when I did because my Mama was a single parent too with 4 of us, but never went the welfare route. I didn't how she would feel about me doing it, but when I explained to her that it was slightly different than when she was growing up, she was good.

The Real Mz. Jones said...

Thats good. i need to go apply traci because i need some food stamps. they gave me 8 dollars the last time... smdh.

your mommy is the shit. cause its hard for me to raise my 1 so i know she was catching hell.