Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Love my Daddy

Growing up i never knew my father. I  always knew of him, I used to spend numerous weekends with his parents. My grandparents never talked about him. I would always hear i looked like him. I used to be sad when my brothers and sisters would go with their dads. I was the only one at home with my mom. Who the hell wants to sit at home? I was 16 when i finally met him and it was love at first sight. i fell in love with my dad. my dad became my best friend and i never held him not being in my life against him. I used to always have dreams of one day going on the Maury show and meeting him. I did however blame my mom. She used to tell me all kinds of horrible stories. she even took it as far as telling me when she was pregnant he tried to kill her. My mom wanted me to hate  my dad because she hated him. I love my mom but that was wrong.

i had met my sister Karen a few weeks before meeting my dad and we were instantly best friends. We talked everyday and still talk. We took the bus ride together. I was a nervous wreck. all kinds of thoughts ran through my head. What will he look like? How is his personality? What will i say to him? The bus ride was 3 hours long. the whole time i worried while my sister slept. She had already knew him after all, her mother and our dad was pregnant and married when my mom got pregnant with me. So she didn't understand. she slept the whole ride, while i sat up and pondered.

we pulled into the garage where the buses were and there he stood. I could spot him out from a big crowd. He looked just like me except he had blue eyes. He was everything i imagined him to be..... he was my daddy. He was the man that i had wanted in my life the most. He is that man that i used to ask god to send to me when i was a child.


Me, Daddy, and Karen.....July 15th 2003

We talked and talked once we got to his house. Me and my sister stayed for a week and finally we went home. we kept in contact and i made another in December during winter break. He asked me to stay because i wasn't doing to good in school. He asked me to stay because he wanted me to do better... I think he wanted to make up for the lost time too.

my dad is my first man... he's everything i want my husband to be. he has never lied to me and will never put his hands on me. i can tell him anything and will not be judged. god made him for me...........Thankyou god!

No comments: