I have a spending problem. when I'm going through things shopping is like a release for me. What kind of shopping you ask? it doesn't matter. grocery shopping even helps with my stress. I remember living with my boyfriend and hiding items i bought until he left the house. i would hang them in my closet like they've been there for months.
this problem has put me in a lot of difficult positions and now i look back and think that my priorities were fucked up. is there some type of counseling available for spending problems? I know y'all are like WTF but this is real. I'm tired of mismanaging money. I wanna start getting this credit together.
before y'all get to blaming and pointing fingers and shit, this is not all of my fault. my mother was single and never had a chance to save. she never taught us the value of saving. she lived from pay check to pay check. as soon as money came in the house it was already gone. my grandmother was on drugs. my mom could never tell her NO so she helped support her habit.
i know this may sound awful but she was a wonderful grandmother. ( a clean addict) she made sure we were clean and went to school everyday. she cooked hot meals and taught us morals. i didn't know she was on drugs until i was about 13 though. <--- a little off subject right?
anyways, i was never taught how to handle money. I've been writing things down and trying to stay away from online shopping, malls, and restaurants.
Do you guys have any suggestions? Any tips?
No comments:
Post a Comment